Today’s shopping trip was pretty amazing. $174 worth of groceries and household items for about $48!
It took a few hours of combing through store circulars, clipping paper coupons and hunting for coupons online but it was worth it! Using paper coupons found either online or in the newspaper and combining them with store digital coupons you can get the lowest prices.
This savings is atypical but possible when the stars are correctly aligned. You can earn grocery rebates using apps online, too. You may see on the receipt a total for $55.63 but after submitting for online grocery rebates the total comes down $7 more dollars.
Not too shabby for a week’s worth of groceries and loading the shelves with piles of stuff we’ll need later (aka. stockpiling)
Use these tips to help you save.
- Read your circulars. They usually come in the mail days before a sale begin.
- Know your prices. Get an idea of what you already spend for regularly purchased items.
- Check for coupons online.
- See if what you plan to buy can earn you grocery rebates before you shop.
- Read the fine print on circulars. Some items must be bought in certain quantities to qualify for the discount.
- Check your store’s app. You may be able to combine coupons and stack them to get even more savings.
- Collect coupons wherever you go. Doctor’s offices, magazines or newspapers just laying around could have a stash of paper gold.
- Enjoy your savings by doing something fun!